Whether you live in Denver or not, kitchen cabinets are a daily part of your life. Since we are probably all familiar with the saying “familiarity breeds contempt”, it is safe to say that if you have not renovated or remodeled your home in the last couple of years, you are probably bored with how your kitchen looks and want a change.
And what better way to start than by doing a makeover to your lovely Denver kitchen cabinets? Not to mention that some of the handles or even the doors may have become rusty and in need of replacement, so this is a good opportunity to make use of your artistic instincts.
There are various options to make your kitchen look brand new, through small changes with your cabinets. The better outcome is that you do not have to pay a fortune to do it, it will give you that new feeling that you have been craving and even increasing the functionality of your cabinets, by making good use of all the extra additional space.
Below are a few tips that may help you with the actual remodeling work:
- Rather than replacing the entire collection of kitchen cabinets, why not paint them in a different color by using semi-gloss enamel? You can even add a different color on cabinets and another one on islands, to give your kitchen a more relaxed look;
- You can also feel better if you change your kitchen cabinet’s pulls and the knobs. If you love a do-it-yourself attitude, you could even change them yourself, after purchasing new models from specialty retailers or some local stores. Seeing as the knobs and pulls are the first items to be subjected to tear and wear, replacing them whenever it is necessary is a good way to prolong the lifespan of your kitchen cabinets;
- If you want to add a distinguished look to your kitchen, you can add crown molding on top of your wall cabinets, which will also create the impression of added height to your kitchen and redo the place successfully;
- If you are always upset with the lack of space, we give you three solutions to your problem. First, buy a wall lid storage which you can place on the door or on a wall next to the stove for easy access; second, install some small shelves in the dead space under the upper shelves, for mugs and dessert plates. You can also add some shelves which roll-out from the cabinet, to increase functionality of your bottom cabinets;
- If you want a change in how the cabinets look, you can either remove the doors completely and turn your cabinets into open shelves, you can either add inserts of glass to the doors or even replace the glass with chicken wire for a more rustic look. For cabinets with no door, changing the way the back of the cabinet looks with the help of adhesive stickers can be a cheap way for a kitchen makeover. Kitchen countertops Denver retailers offer can really add to the look of your new cabinets.
No matter what option seems better, for some people in Denver, kitchen cabinets cannot simply be replaced, as they sometimes possess a sentimental value. Therefore, one should properly care and maintain them to reduce their wear and tear as much as possible.